no sound when receiving texts
Settings

I have text notifications turned on yet, I am not getting notified by sound - only vibrate when receiving a text.  This is the 3rd time this has happened this year and resetting the phone works.  However, I don't want to reset my phone.  Is there another way to get sound notifications?  Again, sound is turned on for text notifications.

0 Likes
Re: no sound when receiving texts
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'd be just as concerned with my phone only providing me only a vibration for a text alert, and not the notification audio alert, Settings. I've encountered this issue myself as well. Sometimes it can be caused by running Power Save Mode, but the biggest cause involved the overall volume settings.

To confirm, if you go to Settings > Sounds & Vibrations > Sound Mode is set to Sound > Next access Volume > Make sure System, Notifications, and Ringtone are set up as high as you need them to be. Some of these are linked together. Is there any difference with your text notifications after raising all the volume points to max?

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: no sound when receiving texts
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

When you receive these txt is the phone overall volume up that you can hear it? Sometimes I will have my phone on mute and then come back and find I have several message. This will also happen if I have the phone on vibe and I am not close enough to hear them.

Also have you gotten an update lately sometimes it will change settings on the phone.

The one I have to check because an update changes it is the play store it changes

to mobile instead of wifi only. When that happens I check each app so that it knows to

update on wifi only.

0 Likes