not receiving texts, sporadically
SEBKTT
Enthusiast - Level 2

as some others have posted, i'm just flat out not receiving texts every once in awhile. it doesn't matter if it's from an iPhone or another Android, it happens with both platforms. i have an S8 on the latest security patch that Verizon pushed out, and i don't have any other issues with the phone other than this.

this has happened with just using the stock Samsung Messages app, with Textra, with Pulse, with everything. i just factory reset today in an attempt to fix the problem.

thoughts?

0 Likes
Re: not receiving texts, sporadically
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SEBKIT,

I'm sorry for any trouble with messaging. Let's find out whats going on. When did this begin? What messaging application are you using, and what is your zip code?

ChristinaB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SEBKTT
Enthusiast - Level 2

it began earlier this month, and of course it's difficult to pin down because the only way you know you missed a text is if someone follows up and asks again.

i am using the stock Samsung Messages app, and I have also had this happen using Textra, and Pulse.

Zip code is 98155.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sebktt, let's dive in to see what's going on and how we can help. Do you know how long ago this started? Can you go into the Google Play store to see if there are any update that are needed on your phone for the Samsung Messages app?

TakendraW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes
SEBKTT
Enthusiast - Level 2

it was in the past month. the messages app is up to date.

On Sun, Oct 1, 2017 at 2:02 PM, vzw_customer_support <

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sebktt, I depend on my messaging service to work right. Does this happen with specific contacts? Is this issue indoors or outdoors?
AlbertoR_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes
SEBKTT
Enthusiast - Level 2

it has happened with multiple contacts. indoors or outdoors, the signal is

strong.

On Wed, Oct 4, 2017 at 11:18 AM, vzw_customer_support <

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SEBKTT-

Yikes, that is definitely frustrating to hear. I'm on the scene and eager to keep digging. I sent you a private message to your community inbox. Can you please reply there so we can provide more personalized support?

AmberK_VZW

0 Likes