not recieving nor cant send texts
chick18
Enthusiast - Level 1

So ive been I this situation all day.  When I send a text it doesnt go through or it just stays as pending. Now when someone texts me I dont recieve anything.  Ive tried resetting the phone, taking out the sim card for a few minutes and nothing works! I recently just updated from a droid razr m to a s4 mini and I havent had it for a month yet!

Any suggestions on what else I can do ? This is driving me crazy! 😞

Re: not recieving nor cant send texts
B33
Legend

When you got the New phone did you get a new Sim Card with it, far as I can remember you should have as the Sim in the M is different to one that's in the Mini, which takes the Nano Sim.. one thing to remember when handling Sim Cards if there handled improper & the Gold area of them are touch it can cause big issue with the phone.. So it might not hurt going to a Corporate Store and have them put you a new on in your phone.. Or one can be sent to you if call Customer Service they can get one out to ya in about 2 business Days..

But I'd try that one other thing you can do if want if your under the 14 return Just return the phone have the store DOA on the Grounds of issue with Test messaging.. If the store  DOA's it, make sure the Rep that works with you leaves the Sim Card in the New phone alone as the Sim in your current phone could be the issue.. Good Luck b33

Re: not recieving nor cant send texts
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

chick18,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble with sending/receiving messages. We definitely want you to be able to take advantage of the features you have available. Are you using the stock messaging app on the phone or did you download a separate app? Also are you having trouble with any other features on the device (calling, data). Please let us know this information so we can look into options for resolution.

Thank you,

TonyG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes