old S5 used as tablet for podcasts
PAUHAM95

current phone is S7; still use old S5 (no network-wifi only) for podcasts; recently having trouble, got new battery and charging cord; doing repeated battery-out&in hard reboots; now can't even get to homescreen; stumped

is there a computer-assisted fix?

0 Likes
Re: old S5 used as tablet for podcasts
bearone21
Legend

is the replaced cord the same as the original with the double connector??

settings/wi-fi, advanced, wi-fi..never sleep.

0 Likes
PAUHAM95

Yes, same as original equipment

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

PAUHAM95 , being able to utilize for older device for your podcast is always a benefit! We are sorry to see that the Galaxy S5 is not functioning properly. Allow us to further investigate the details.  Can you please clarify which screen your device is currently stuck on? Also, please follow this link http://vz.to/2rkMPij to restart your device in Safe mode. Please share your results.

SylviaT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!! 

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

I too use a S5 for podcasts on wifi.If you can get your phone into recovery mode

Volume up-Power-Home and then go down to clear cache partition then clear

it then restart like normal.

This will not change any of your settings on the phone it just dumps all the old files

that are left after updates. For some reason it also has a lot to do with battery problems.

It was the first thing tec told me to do when my battery would draining quickly.

0 Likes