once again verizon [removed] its customers over again
KBlack2595
Enthusiast - Level 2

well i just found out from a Verizon rep that if u buy the s9 or s9+ u don't have the option to turn it in once u pay 50% of the phone off and it all depends on the phone u get weather u can pay 50% off and trade in or not if i new this i would have never upgrade and jumped ship

Content removed to comply with Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: once again verizon [removed] its customers over again
rcschnoor
Legend

KBlack2595 wrote:

well i just found out from a Verizon rep that if u buy the s9 or s9+ u don't have the option to turn it in once u pay 50% of the phone off

However you DO have the option to pay it off fully after a year and then sell the device for more than the 50% payoff amount on a site such as swappa.com. This way, you will have paid less than 50%(net) and STILL be able to upgrade.

KBlack2595 wrote:

it all depends on the phone u get weather u can pay 50% off and trade in or not if i new this i would have never upgrade and jumped ship

The information on whether or not a phone is available for an annual upgrade, i.e. turning the phone in after only paying 50% of the phone off, is available before purchase. Of course, if you purchase the phone without checking this information, that would be on you.

View solution in original post

TheS1R
Contributor - Level 2
0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

not every phone has that option, you should've asked your questions before you bought it!!!

rcschnoor
Legend

KBlack2595 wrote:

well i just found out from a Verizon rep that if u buy the s9 or s9+ u don't have the option to turn it in once u pay 50% of the phone off

However you DO have the option to pay it off fully after a year and then sell the device for more than the 50% payoff amount on a site such as swappa.com. This way, you will have paid less than 50%(net) and STILL be able to upgrade.

KBlack2595 wrote:

it all depends on the phone u get weather u can pay 50% off and trade in or not if i new this i would have never upgrade and jumped ship

The information on whether or not a phone is available for an annual upgrade, i.e. turning the phone in after only paying 50% of the phone off, is available before purchase. Of course, if you purchase the phone without checking this information, that would be on you.

KBlack2595
Enthusiast - Level 2

not shure why i would need to check this as every other company has a similar thing and that is u pay so much and u turn it in for a new phone or u keep the phone and pay it off

KBlack2595
Enthusiast - Level 2

if i had know i would have waited i have only used the program for 2 years and at that time u paid so much and could upgrade or keep the phone i didn't evan know this was a thing and i shouldn't be punished just because of a preference of phone as far as i know i didn't have a option to pick one or the other and i thought it was still the same where i paid 50% and could upgrade if i wanted to

bearone21
Legend

not on every phone!!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the suggestion, TheS1R. Kblack2595, we definitely do not want you feeling like upgrading to the Galaxy S9 was the wrong thing to do. Our upgrade process closely aligns with the industry. There are times the device manufacturer will have exclusive promotions purchasing through them vs a carrier. Here is a link to information where you can stay up to date on the Verizon annual upgrade program:http://vz.to/2IJ41Ez  I hope this is beneficial. 

GinaU_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

TheS1R
Contributor - Level 2

"There are times the device manufacturer will have exclusive promotions purchasing through them vs a carrier" does not appear to be the case here. Other carriers are currently offering their variants of the annual upgrade programs, just not VZW -- just watch for ads all over prime time network TV. Based on the link you provided, VZW currently has no included Samsung devices for purchase to be included in the program.