pacificnorcal
pacificnor

I live in the Bay Area, not a rural area. We have two newer phones, S10 and a A71. Both are getting terrible basic voice reception for the past couple weeks, calls actually drop outside and inside my house. I stand on the driveway and calls drop.

I don't understand how this is possible in 2021, with Verizon, and newer phones, it's not 5G, just basic voice reception. What's going on?  

I checked the SIM Card status section in android settings, everything is connected and in-service, but terrible results. Same results as below:

Screenshot_20210824-163554_Network Cell Info Lite.jpg

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: pacificnorcal
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Reliable service is a must, pacificnor, we are here to help. We understand your concern regarding the dropped calls both inside and out of your home. Allow us to gather a few more details to determine what is going on. Does the service work better in other areas? Is the problem only affecting calls, how are texts and data working? ~Vic

0 Likes
pacificnorcal
pacificnor

Both bad Data and call reception overall bad it seems. But I just started noticing the call reception issue the past few weeks like its new.

Its hard to believe the East Bay Area has almost no reception in 2021 on Verizon in a bay area region. 

Im on the other side of of town right now, and its also bad reception in the -110 dBm range. Can I PM you directly to share my city/location and you can tell me what the reception levels are and towers in the area? There must be a lack of towers in my area.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

These details are helpful. I know how challenging it can be if our service isn't performing as expected. Does your service improve in other areas? Have there been any recent changes in your area? -Lorenzo

0 Likes
pacificnorcal
pacificnor

Okay I don't think this is going anywhere. Will just have to make an in store appointment.

Yes some other areas are better, but nothing significant. Im 20 miles away from my house right now in Walnut Creek, a Bay Area city, and have -103 dBM, which is still bad for Verizon. Maybe okay for Metro or Boost Mobile.

Does Verizon throttle reception at all? Or only Mobile Data?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Our top priority is to keep you connected. Can you run a data speed test, and share your results with our team? https://www.speedtest.net/ -Joel

0 Likes