personal notification sounds GONE
ALILCLASSY
Enthusiast - Level 1

The Oreo upgrade has removed personalized notification sounds for Contacts...yet personalized ringtones are still available. I could care less about all the other "upgrades".  Are personalized notification sounds going to be returned?

Re: personal notification sounds GONE
BEG1973
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am just as frustrated. This was a very handy feature and have used for years. Urrrrgh!

Runemal
Enthusiast - Level 1

Super angry to have lost this feature. Stupid thing to cut.

DenaLee
Enthusiast - Level 2

Couldn't agree with you more!!!

How do we get them to reverse it?

Bombres
Enthusiast - Level 1

I too am so mad that they took that away. That was a very important feature for me and my business

Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
danWhitehorse
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been with Verizon since they have been  around.Between lost unlimited services and this latested mess up they are losing me as a customer. News flash ! If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Content removed as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

deloused
Master - Level 3

News flash!- this change wasn’t a mess up or a Verizon issue, Samsung removed that feature from their Contacts app on ALL their models with the Oreo software version for every carrier.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand the frustration and have taken the feedback present for this update. If you wish to discuss more about the update and the features, you can also provide feedback directly to Google support. Let us know if you have any questions.

JavierMD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
DenaLee
Enthusiast - Level 2

How and when will we know if the personalized text message notification feature will be reinstated? The inability to use this particular feature has introduced a great amount of stress and chaos into using this phone and,  consequently, Verizon in general.

The quick resolution of this problem will be greatly appreciated and will, almost certainly, prevent a mass exodus to another Cellphone Carrier. Thank you.

deloused
Master - Level 3

Why would there be a max exodus? It doesn’t make much sense to switch carriers over this and still not have the feature since Samsung removed the option from their Contacts app on all of their devices with the latest software