phone locked by a web page
Redsunshine

My phone has been locked by a web page I went to, to look up information on bitcoins.  It asked me to verify my email.  All was fine, then it wasn't,  it told me my email was wrong or my password.  I try to fix it, it won't accept my new password,  I deleted the 1st one so I wouldn't get them confused.  I used computer-generated ones. 

My problem is that the webpage put a lock on my phone.   I can't do anything on it other than go into safe mode.  there is nothing to click.  I've sent them messages they told me to try some other stuff, didn't work.  

I have pictures on there I can't replace.  I am so upset and mad about this.  I have 3 attempts left.  I can't for the life of me figure out why they would need to lock my phone just so I can browse their web page.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: phone locked by a web page
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It is important that you are able to use your phone, Is the password to unlock your device the same as the password to access your email?

PeterP_VZW

0 Likes
Re: phone locked by a web page
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@Redsunshine wrote:

My phone has been locked by a web page I went to, to look up information on bitcoins.  It asked me to verify my email.  All was fine, then it wasn't,  it told me my email was wrong or my password.  I try to fix it, it won't accept my new password,  I deleted the 1st one so I wouldn't get them confused.  I used computer-generated ones. 

My problem is that the webpage put a lock on my phone.   I can't do anything on it other than go into safe mode.  there is nothing to click.  I've sent them messages they told me to try some other stuff, didn't work.  

I have pictures on there I can't replace.  I am so upset and mad about this.  I have 3 attempts left.  I can't for the life of me figure out why they would need to lock my phone just so I can browse their web page.

It sounds like it wasn't a very safe site to provide your email address to.  Did you have an account on that site that used your email previously?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes