How to adjust the proximity sensor for S8 phone to work with a mirror case

0 Likes
Re: proximity sensor on S8
deloused
Master - Level 3
0 Likes
MGMARINE48

Thank you for the response. The problem is not with talking on the phone.

The problem is my mirror case, when I recieve modifications I am receiving

and error message that blocks the entire screen telling me my proximity

sensor us causing issues and I am unable to view the y screen defeating the

purpose of the mirror case. How do I correct that.

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

You could turn the proximity sensor off or use a different case that doesn't block the sensor

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MGMARINE48, I understand the importance of being able to access your screen while using your mirror case. We will need to gain more information on this issue. Have you been able to access the screen before with this case? Is the proximity sensor covered? If so is it completely covered or partially covered? Justin_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MGMARINE48

Justin, Thank you for your reply.  The sensor works perfect when lifting the phone to my ear to talk.  However, it is a hit and miss whether the screen blocks with the mirror case or not.  I am not sure what the issue is other than the error states it is the sensor that is the problem.  When I receive a notification, my screen is blocked by an error with the mirror case.  Yes, I can open the case and the error goes away and I can read my screen.  There are other times I receive a notification and there is no error and I can see my screen thru my mirror case just fine.  I have turned off and on, rebooted, and now it is a hit or miss error.  It is aggravating but tolerable.

If there is something more I can do to see what may be the issue, please let me know.

Again, thank you

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MGMARINE48, we truly appreciate the additional details. By any chance does your device present similar issues when you use other cases? Or is this issue isolated to your current mirror case? If so, this would be a compatibility issue with your device and the case in question. In the event that the issue only occurs with your mirror case, we would recommend using another protective case to ensure you are able to use all of your device's features.

LauraF_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes