"DQA has stopped" issue
klc0313
Enthusiast - Level 1

Cant believe within just 2 days of recieving this phone, theres already a major issue.

the only way to fix it is to not use your wifi. And I'm certain there will be no compensation provided for the data we're being forced to use.

Pretty ridiculous

hopefully this will get fixed asap. how can we go about sending messages/complaints to samsung?

EDIT:

also wanted to add that i received my phone with a broken adapter and had to go to Verizon for a new one. so now having to deal with this is just a total pain.

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: "DQA has stopped" issue
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want your concern resolved and I have great news for you, Dewwby.  Samsung has released a software update that resolves the DQA error that you are experiencing.  You can check for updates by going to Settings > System Updates > Check for system updates.  Here is additional information: http://vz.to/2rg6ZdO.

AdamB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
JesseSan82
Enthusiast - Level 1

Tried all the fixes from the net and non worked! The real FIX: Go to wifi settings, forget your wifi, and reconnect to your wifi again! VOILA FIXED !! Everyone can thank me later.

CampCash
Enthusiast - Level 2

No, that did not fix it for me. If anything, made it popup more.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I’m so relieved to see that helped you, JesseSan82. Thanks for sharing your success. I can absolutely understand the frustration of running into any speed bumps so soon after receiving the device and I apologize for that inconvenience. We’ve been working closely with Samsung to provide examples and ensure this is resolved as quickly as possible to avoid unwanted data usage.

If anyone else is still running into trouble, please try these steps too:

1. Settings > Performance Mode > Set to Optimized

2. Clear DQA App Data Settings by navigating to Apps > App Manager > Click the 3 dots at the top right of the screen > Click show system apps > Find DQA > Click Force Stop > Then click Storage > Manage Storage > Clear Data > Then reboot the device.

3. Go back to the App Manager under settings > Use the drop-down menu in the top right to enable "Show System Apps" > Find DQA from the app list > Select "Data Usage" > Disable "Allow background data usage"

Please keep me posted if you continue to run into trouble. I want to make sure you have a great experience with this new device.

Thank you

JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MRTWOBIT
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you, that seems to have worked for me.

cineruss
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well I tried this and it did not work...any other suggestions?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MRTWOBIT, we are so glad to hear your issue was resolved. Did you have any additional questions for us?

0 Likes
CACHUNG77
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello,

I tried the steps you have listed.  Once I get to Storage > Storage manager - the "DQA Keeps Stopping" comes up, I click on close app and it returns me to the "app info" screen and the force stop button is highlighted.  I dont think this is working for me.  Please help me.. this is so annoying... it keeps coming up

cineruss
Enthusiast - Level 2

I heard Samsung gave an update on this. I checked to try and update on my phone but the phone says everything is updated.  I am like everyone else here who has tried everything.  Any hope?

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

An update has been released:

Re: "DQA Keeps stopping" Error Message

0 Likes