"Mobil network not available"
Socialdis

I have a Galaxy S8  On Verizon Prepaid and today it says "Mobil network not available".  SIM card works fine in an old IPhone 6 . Any idea if it it repairable or whether the phone just became defective?

0 Likes
Re: "Mobil network not available"
bearone21
Legend

i'm not sure if an i-phone sim card is compatible with your phone!!

Socialdis

The SIM card is compatible. It is same size and I tested making a call with it in old IPhone 6+. I have had the Galaxy S8+ for 7 Months and it worked fine until today. I had read somewhere online to test the SIM card in another phone and if that works, then you would have to replace the phone as opposed to it just being a corrupted SIM card.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

go to a verizon store or cust serv can send you new one.

Socialdis

I am done with Verizon.

I went to Verizon store, they said I needed a new SIM card because I ruined mine by putting it into an iPhone. So SIM card can be used in iPhone but can’t be put back into galaxy S8+. The were out of SIM card so they sent me to another store.

After 30 minutes of trying to get new SIM card to work, they determined it was a problem with the phone as SIM worked on floor model/ Their best suggestion: ‘Go to a Best Buy Store because sometimes they have Samsung reps available."

Seriously, that is Verizon’s idea of we want to get you back online as quick as possible. I buy the phone online in July 2017 from Verizon and they themselves can’t actually send it to Samsung, they want me to go to Best Buy in the hope that they will have a Samsung Rep available. Freaking outrageous HORRIBLE Customer Service.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Socialdis, we always want to ensure that you’re receiving the proper support for your equipment and your services.  It is true that the iPhone and Samsung devices both have SIM cards that are similar in size and may even be able to provide service between both phones; however there is one unique difference which can create different network issues on the device which is why we don’t recommend swapping SIM cards for phones that have different operating systems. Overall, your idea to try using your SIM card in a different phone to resolve the issue was definitely a smart move.

We’re sorry to hear that you didn’t get the quality of service that you anticipated from our Verizon stores.  It’s always our goal to provide you with excellent customer service and we truly want to ensure that your concerns are fully addressed. Since this is related to a prepaid account, we would recommend reaching out to our prepaid customer service team directly. They’ll be able to view your account details and verify if there’s any issues with the network provisioning. Our prepaid team is available at 888-294-6804 for further support.  

SamanthaT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes