"remote call"
DAVECK0

Recently when I have made a phone call on my Galaxy S7 edge it has switched the call into "Remote Call" and I'm not sure why or what this means. Anyone have any ideas?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: "remote call"
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader
0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you see this thread?

Remote Call

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DAVECK0,

We appreciate you reaching out to us regarding your concern. I know I would have been alarmed as well if I saw a “remote call” feature activated on my device. Allow us to further look in to the details. tikibar1- provided a great link with other community members who ran into a similar situation. The Remote call feature allows you to toggle between devices that are connected to one another.  Do you know if you may have other devices that are connected to your Galaxy s7 edge (Ex; tablet or watch)? Also, what kind of messaging app do you use (Ex; messenger that came with your phone, Verizon messages +)?

SylviaT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DAVECK0

I used to have my phone paired to my iPad but k disabled that. I do have it connected to my FitBit. I'm not sure if that makes a difference as I've had the FitBit for 6 months and the remote call just started in the last month. I am running Message+ for texts.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Davecko,

Ensuring that your calls are working is always important. IDo you have Verizon Messages synced with any other device? This could be a determining factor in how the phone calls are syncing.

ErinW_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
PAUJAC40
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have had this question for 2 days. Customer support has been working with me on it. After him researching the "why's", he told me turn off advanced calling. He thinks that's related to the remote calling issues. Have to go through settings, advanced calling, tap on it to have option to turn off/on and turn it off. I've had to power off just to get the icon to be deleted.

I have also had issues with voice mail not coming through, which he deleted it from my phone and reinstalled it. My message+ will come back stating it stopped working and also some messages I have to actually download in order to read/respond.

I have a 7 edge. For me, most issues seemed to have started a month or so ago when my phone had a major update; have had problems since then.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Paujac40, we apologize for the trouble you have been having with your phone. Updates are supposed to resolve issues with your phone, not cause them. I suggest doing a factory reset on your device to see if you are still having the same issues. Do you use the Verizon Cloud to backup your information? If not, here's how > http://vz.to/2f5bPFZ  Keep us updated.

MarcusS_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes