Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
remove a phone line
Kadie_a

I've paid off one of my lines and the person who was using it no longer does and I cant get in contact with anyone to take it off

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: remove a phone line
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello, Kadie_a, 

I'm sorry to learn that you are considering canceling one of your lines. I'm sure we can assist you with a resolution. You are able to contact us in different ways, just click here for that information: www.vzw.com/contactus Additionally, we can assist you here. Sometimes, people get attached to the phone number they have (I know I am). for that reason, I wanted to ask you if the user of the device might want to keep the number, and put it in their name? Please let me know, thank you. I will also be sending you a Private Note, so we can continue in this forum, if you prefer.

ChristinB_VZW

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello, Kadie_a, 

I'm sorry to learn that you are considering canceling one of your lines. I'm sure we can assist you with a resolution. You are able to contact us in different ways, just click here for that information: www.vzw.com/contactus Additionally, we can assist you here. Sometimes, people get attached to the phone number they have (I know I am). for that reason, I wanted to ask you if the user of the device might want to keep the number, and put it in their name? Please let me know, thank you. I will also be sending you a Private Note, so we can continue in this forum, if you prefer.

ChristinB_VZW

0 Likes
Kadie_a

They no longer wish to use it and i dont want to pay for something im no longer using i tried the other ways to contact the chat just tells me to re log in on repeat even though i have and im still sitting on the helpline just made 30min so thank you very much for replying to me

0 Likes
Tigerstep

There's a couple of things that can be done here.

If you want to keep the number, but not service, port to Google Voice for a one time charge of $20. You could also repurpose the line to something else like a tablet. Finally, you can request a disconnect. This one requires calling in and the disconnect will take place last day of your bill cycle.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Kadie_a, we want to be able to assist. I've sent you a Private Note. Please respond to that message for us to further assist. KevinR_VZW 

0 Likes
Hillma1

I think its crazy how u have to wait on hold for 47-74 minutes or wait in the chat room for 20 plus minuted

Ridiculous 

0 Likes