Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
s10e fingerprint sensor not working after update
danielwolffix

I have a s10 that has been working great up to this past update. A few nights ago I had my phone force update after I'd been delaying a few times. It appear to force two different updates. Hard to say as it happened just as I was going to bed. I believe the first one I was delaying was a update 41? Anyways after it updated and I started using it the next day I realized the fingerprint sensor was not working at all. (sensor on the side over the power button. It does not even appear to sense I have my finger on there anymore. No error messages or failed readings

I have tried restarting the phone, deleting all the existing saved prints and try and add new ones. That has not worked because it will not sense I'm putting a print on there. It always says: "Make sure the fingerprint sensor is clean and dry, then try again" It always says this message no matter which trick I try from youtube to try and fix it. I cannot find anyone online with this issue based on recient updates. I know factory reset is an option but I'd like to avoid it because of the pain of setting everything back up.  

Says I'm currently up to date:

Current Version: G970U1UEU6IVH1 / G970U1OYM6IVH1 / G970U1UEU6IVH1

Security patch level: July 1, 2022

When I check "Biometric security patch: 

The latest version is installed: Fingerprint 6.0.0.0 and Face recognition 2.3.0.3

Is this a known issue as a result of the update? Any suggestions to fix it or roll back the update?

0 Likes
Re: s10e fingerprint sensor not working after update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Daniel, thank you for reaching out to Verizon. Remember, the Social Media team is available 24/7. You can send us a PM to better assist you and find a solution to any concern you may have! 

>Janet

0 Likes
Re: s10e fingerprint sensor not working after update
danielwolffix

I appreciate that. Are you able to give me any information on the recent update and why it disabled my fingerprint scanner? 

0 Likes