s4 will not wake up/black screen
nana4352

I need help and verizon technical support chat is not available. I can not call because my Gallaxy S4 has a black screen that will not wake up.  Blue light in upper left, just took off charger, and holding button in to restart is not working either.  Any Help?

0 Likes
Re: s4 will not wake up/black screen
Klue
Master - Level 1

Did you try taking the battery out and waiting 30 seconds, reinstalling the battery then turning the phone on??

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Nana4352, I want you to be able to enjoy your new phone! Have you tried Klue's suggestion of removing the battery? If no change, try plugging the phone into the charger and then removing the battery. You should normally see a prompt on the screen showing that you need to connect your battery. Then re-insert battery. Let me know if you need further assistance.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
mcurtin

Nana4352, I had the same thing happen today. Called tech support, did the remove battery thing and sim card. No results. Jerk Ken the tech on the phone said they would send me a used phone in 3 to 5 days, 2 if I paid. I have had the phone 15 days. What a bunch of jacks! The store I got from said they could not replace since it is later than 14 days. Asked for supervisor, Ken the tech told me he was busy and would call me at home by 11 pm. I have no phone to use. AARRGGHHH

0 Likes
TheGuyUpNorth
Contributor - Level 1

The used phone is not your only option.  If you do a warranty claim directly with Samsung, I believe the phone will be covered as a manufacture defect.  The phone should be covered for 1 year.

0 Likes
jonathan_butler

same thing happened to me but i drop my phone in water

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

It's probably toast if the phone was on when it hit the water. How long was it in the water?  If the phone was off and you attempted to turn in on without completly drying it out it to see if it still works, could have shorted. Is there any signs of life?

0 Likes