s7 charging port no longer working right after nougat update
Bumblb77
Enthusiast - Level 2

My S7 was upgraded to Nougat yesterday morning. Since that upgrade, I am no longer able to charge my phone with a cable - it cycles and beeps as though there is a bad connection or a bad wire, but never charges. Charging wirelessly works just fine.

I've tried 4 different charger cables and chargers, cleared my cache, rebooted many times, tried charging in Safe Mode via cable and nothing seems to make a difference. Is the only next step doing a factory reset?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: s7 charging port no longer working right after nougat update
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

There are a lot of people having this problem but I'm not sure if a batch is going to help lately it seems like the batches are causing more problems then what we started with. I did run across this see if it helps

http://thedroidguy.com/2017/02/samsung-galaxy-s7-no-longer-charges-normally-android-nougat-update-tr...

View solution in original post

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

If you do the factory reset I would use smart switch and do a full backup of the phone so you don't have to update everything again.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Keeping your device charges is always a must, Bumblb77. Software updates are always intended to improve your device. I regret hearing this issue started after the update. I am glad to hear wireless charging is still working. It seems you have done a number of troubleshooting steps already to no avail. Let’s keep working on this. What happens when you plug the device into your PC with the USB cable? What happens if you attempt to charge other device with the same charging cables tested?

JosephE_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Looks like a lot of people are have this problem I found this I know you didn't mention that it was wet but

thought this may help

http://thedroidguy.com/2016/05/samsung-galaxy-s7-wont-charge-shows-moisture-detected-charging-port-e...

0 Likes
Bumblb77
Enthusiast - Level 2

I ended up doing a factory reset on it and still have the issue with certain chargers (chargers and cables that worked just fine before the update). The crazy thing is (and what makes me think it's a software glitch) is that these same chargers that don't work when the phone is turned on, will work just fine when the phone is turned off.

Even after the factory reset, this is a problem.....

kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Have you added any new apps after the update?

Bumblb77
Enthusiast - Level 2

No. Nothing changed at all.

kathy65793
Master - Level 1

There are a lot of people having this problem but I'm not sure if a batch is going to help lately it seems like the batches are causing more problems then what we started with. I did run across this see if it helps

http://thedroidguy.com/2017/02/samsung-galaxy-s7-no-longer-charges-normally-android-nougat-update-tr...

0 Likes
Bumblb77
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks. That was one of the first troubleshooting lists I tried, actually. It's just frustrating because while a lot of my charging is done wirelessly, I do use my car charger quite a bit and now it won't work unless my phone is turned off.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I’m glad to hear you were able to get some chargers working after a factory reset, Bumblb77. It’s important we get all of your chargers working again. I know I wouldn’t want to power off my device to charge my phone while traveling. What happens when you place the phone in safe mode and try those same chargers that aren’t working? You can put the phone in safe mode by following these steps: http://spr.ly/65868jy6y Do you receive any error messages when attempt to use those chargers that aren’t working?

JosephE_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes