s7 hasn't operated very well with newest May 2017 update
RACHELMOMOF6

Since the latest update my s7 hasn't operated very well. Whem selecting an email to read the software will jump out to my hime screen. Whem trying to text only half of the will actually send and I have 4 bars of signal strength. I ddont like having to type in the contact name whem wanted to send text, liked just putting it in the "to" field and having it populate for me. Hate having to click the number in my recent call list and then having to press the "call" icon...doesnt always respond. Screen doesn't seem as responsive any longer either.

0 Likes
Re: s7 hasn't operated very well with newest May 2017 update
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Have you tried clear the cache partition from the recovery mode. This will clear out all the old files from the old marshmallow version and any other files that maybe conflicting with the new nougat version. It will not change any of your phone settings but if you did do it and still your phone is not running right then I would suggest you do a backup smart switch kies or cloud and the do the factory reset.To get into recovery mode do volume up - power - home at the same time.

But before you do the factory reset try here first

Repair Assistant - Software Upgrade Assistant (Samsung) | Verizon Wireless

Re: s7 hasn't operated very well with newest May 2017 update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello RACHELMOMOF6,

I have the Galaxy S7 as well and would be concerned too if this were happening to my device. Our community has provided some great options to get your phone working properly again. Were you able to follow the suggestion? What is your phone doing now?

ChristopherM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes