samsung update and notification / ringtones
katt7
Enthusiast - Level 1

this is copied pasted from another...  I too recently updated my phone and afterwards I saw that my contact custom notification sounds were gone as well as my ringtones.   I went into contact settings and no longer see the NOTIFICATION bar to set it.

This update not only defaulted half of my contacts ringtones, it also defaulted on my contacts for text messaging as well.  example:  I have assigned one person with two numbers under contacts it's the same number, but one is used strictly for text messages while the other is set for phone calls.  so each number is assigned a specific ringtone or notification.

example  for text messages  xxx-xxx-xxxx with a notification sound of 'good ole boys'  which will instantly alert me of who is sending a

TEXT message while on  the other side of that I would have *82 1 xxx xxx xxxx for phone calls with a ringtone of 'it's five o'clock somewhere' which will let me know that person is CALLING me.

With the latest update I have lost half of contacts with specific ringtones and or notifications or and some went to a default setting...

so now instead of getting a notification of 'good ole boys' which would let me know that person is sending a text, I now get the ugly default of woo who text message..   some of the contacts where I had two different sounds one for the phone and one for the text are now combined to one sound.

meaning regardless of that person sending a text or calling me I no longer get the 'good ole boys' I now get only the 'its five oclock somewhere' for both the text and the call..

AND THAT IS ONLY ONE ISSUE!!!!!!    the other issue is now other features that are not even Samsung apps were changed and removed!

such as the ring door bell and the ring floodlight Samsung update removed from my phone half of the features from that app as well...

WHAT RIGHT DOES SAMSUNG AND VERIZON HAVE TO CHANGE MY PHONE TO WHAT THEY SEE FIT AND WHAT THEY FEEL I WANT YOU DON'T KNOW ME VERIZON / SAMSUNG...  THIS IS BY FAR THE WORST UPDATE EVER... I DON'T CARE ABOUT PICTURE IN PICTURE  I DON'T CARE ABOUT EMOJI [removed]....   NOT ONLY THAT YOU CHANGED COLORS, YOU CHANGED WAY TOO MUCH.. I GET AND UNDERSTAND SECURITY BUT REALLY.  YOU ARE NOW BECOMING A DICTATOR, DON'T TELL ME WHAT I WANT!  I KNOW WHAT I WANT AND I DON'T WANT YOUR FRIGGIN UPDATE...

Content removed to comply with Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes