screen waking up on its own on S7 device
mp1223

Hello to everyone!

just wondering if anyone ever noticed on the Galaxy S7 when the device is in sleeping mode, and u don't do nothing with the device and all of a sudden the screen will wake up on its own to the screen lock position for maybe few seconds?

Thank  you to u all for any available info? and if it happened to anybody what can it be, or why its doing it on its own?

Thanks again.

0 Likes
Re: screen waking up on its own on S7 device
oks10
Enthusiast - Level 3

My wife's S7 has been doing the same thing except that it's even gone as far as opening the camera while sitting on a table untouched. I'm having similar phantom button presses with my S7 Edge and the recent apps/multitask button. I posted on here yesterday hoping to get an answer. (Subject:  Phantom button presses (Both S7 and S7Edge))

0 Likes
bigUDfan

Mines doing the same thing.  Wish this can be fixed!

0 Likes
radar320
Contributor - Level 2

My S7 edge was doing the same thing.  I turned off the always on display feature and it has not happened since.  This was done 4 hours ago.

0 Likes
oks10
Enthusiast - Level 3

My wife never had AOD enabled when it happened. She thinks it's too distracting. Lol.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is not the experience that we want you to have radar320. Let's work together to get your device screen working properly. When did the screen issue first started happening? What's the last action taken before the screen issue? Can we assume that there isn't any physical or liquid damage on the S7?

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
bigUDfan

Thanks! I will give it a try.

0 Likes
FindinJoy

I'm having the same experience on my 4 mo. old

Note 5. No ...to water or damage of any kind! Will wake up 4 or 5 times while untouched!

0 Likes