Re: security & privacy: there's an attack on your wi-fi network.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Otakuist,

I am truly sorry for any concern the alert about your Wi-Fi being attacked has casued. I too would be alarmed if I received such an alert. We do not want you to fear though. If the alert began right after updating the app your wifi will still be protected. I am going to send feedback to the app developer and if you could also do the same that would be great. You can send feedback by going to the Google play store or iTunes store, serach for the app, and scroll to the bottom of the app details page and email the email address listed. We want to make sure we address these alerts in full.

With regard to the FAQ for the new Security and Privacy app check here... http://spr.ly/6589D8pOb

You can also view how to manage your Wi-Fi networks on the Security and Privacy app here... http://spr.ly/6581D8pOd

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Marmai
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been receiving the same alert as well for the past several weeks.  It only occurs at work.  I know the network is password protected.  It's a bit frustrating to continue to get the alert.  I, too, am very interested to learn if this is an app-issue or if we are all having attacks on our wi-fi networks.

STECRA22
Enthusiast - Level 1

I get this error with every WiFi I connect to. So far that has been 7 different networks, and of those 3 were public. Okay, I guess I could understand that. The other 4 were private and 2 of those were behind sophisticated firewalls of which I am the Administrator; I know those 2 networks were not under attack. If this software is actually made by McAfee as it claims, I'd switch providers, because McAfee makes terrible software.

kathy65793
Master - Level 1

It seems like a lot of apps that have the name Verizon on them are not working the way they are supposed to. Not sure if it is a cliche with other Verizon software or if it is with Samsung or other phone makers. Just wished that they would figure this out or give us back the original apps.

RyGuy1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Getting the same thing too on several networks that I know are very secure and configured properly.  Using a Samsung Galaxy S5.