shipping / tracking S7 Edge
anp
Enthusiast - Level 2

I received the tracking (FedEx) for the Galaxy S7 Edge I ordered. I noticed its says "Special handling section: Deliver Weekday". Why is that? Is there any way to get it changed? Delivering on weekend is better since it also says "Indirect Signature Required", and I will be at work during the hours FedEx delivers. Please help - any advice is welcome. Thank you

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: shipping / tracking S7 Edge
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Anp, help is here for shipping questions as I don’t want you to worry in any way in regards to when you will get your new awesome device. During the pre ordering process, the device will automatically ship overnight for next day delivery but it will only ship overnight delivery during the week as it is not an option for Saturday delivery. I would highly recommend against changing anything on the order as it will further delay the delivery process of getting your device to you in the fastest way possible.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You have to pay extra for weekend delivery.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
anp
Enthusiast - Level 2

why isn't there that option at check out? the only options were Next Day and free 2 day. I did not see any option for weekend delivery.

Is there any way to pay extra now?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Anp, help is here for shipping questions as I don’t want you to worry in any way in regards to when you will get your new awesome device. During the pre ordering process, the device will automatically ship overnight for next day delivery but it will only ship overnight delivery during the week as it is not an option for Saturday delivery. I would highly recommend against changing anything on the order as it will further delay the delivery process of getting your device to you in the fastest way possible.

0 Likes
anp
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am confused by what you mean "during the pre ordering process, the device will automatically ship overnight for next day delivery but it will only ship overnight delivery during the week as it is not an option for Saturday delivery."

Pre-order? I already placed the order and would have happily selected overnight delivery but it was not an option.

When I placed my order yesterday it said  "Ship by 03/23/2016" and therefore left the shipping selection on "FREE 2 Day by 8pm" as I saw no need to pay extra when it was listed as back-ordered.

The options listed for me were the following:

Next Day by 10:30am $14.99 Estimated delivery by 03/23 by 10:30am

Next Day by 8pm $12.99 Estimated delivery by 03/23

FREE 2 Day by 8pmFree Estimated delivery by 03/23

0 Likes
anp
Enthusiast - Level 2

Do you mean it was supposed to be overnighted?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

For less confusion, I wish the shipping terms were "Next Business Day" or Two Business Days" to remind customers FedEx and UPS deliver on business days only unless the weekend delivery is specifically selected.

For example I recently received a package from UPS for an item I purchased. I knew at the time of purchase I would be expected to sign for it. With that in mind I had the item shipped to my work address where I would be during business hours to allow me to actually receive the package on the first attempted delivery.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

anp,
 Ann154 had a great way of explaining how it’s done. I just wanted to piggy back off of this. Allow me to clarify, and I apologize now for any confusion. I can relate to what it’s like to wait for your wireless investment, it can get pretty stressful. There are shipping cut off times at the warehouse, and it all depends on when the order is filled. For instance, if the warehouse fulfills your order late on a Friday, it won’t actually get to the courier until Monday. Now if the order is fulfilled early Monday through Thursday, it can be expected to be delivered the next business day.

0 Likes