since update my ear or cheek will open several apps when making calls then phone screen does not come back up after.
xrepoman

my phone now will open several apps when making a call with my cheek or my ear and the phone screen does not came back up after call and i have to close several apps.

0 Likes
Re: since update my ear or cheek will open several apps when making calls then phone screen does not come back up after.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sure this causes a problem for you. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

It sounds like the proximity sensor is off. We want to forward your findings to Samsung and the software team.

In the meantime, if you go back to the homescreen while you're on a call does it still open apps?

TamaraH_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: since update my ear or cheek will open several apps when making calls then phone screen does not come back up after.
devedsmith
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'll bet the proximity sensor is NOT OFF since I have exactly the same problem. This is because the update has caused everyone's phone to run so slow that it can't do all of the things it normally does "automatically". Read the forums before you make such assumptions.

0 Likes
Kmcuprys

I have the same problem. I end up dialing numbers or hanging up on folks when on a call because my cheek touches the screen.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Do any of you have a screen protector on your phone? If so attach a photo of it, or provide a link to the one you purchased. I have a theory....

0 Likes
Kmcuprys

I have the otterbox defender case which has a built-in screen protector.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Does it leave the dim sensor uncovered, or it too has a screen over it? I use a tempered glass one and while I clean my phone regularly, I thought to use a toothpick around the edges which really seems to have helped with the dim sensor. My screen protector doesn't cover it, but it does sit just below so I think the build up of face sweat and who knows what else was causing issues.

0 Likes