slower fast charging since update
DJH06
Contributor - Level 1

Has anyone noticed that their fast charging times have been reduced? My phone is on 49% and it said an hour and 49 minutes to full charge. That doesn't seem right. I've noticed slow charging times recently and I am not sure if the update had anything to do with or others are experiencing similar issues.

0 Likes
Re: slower fast charging since update
SCATTERLING
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, my mother's phone and mine (purchased separately last year) are charging at a crawl compared to before the update.  So far, the only solutions I've found are to turn off the screen via the power button while charging, or to power down the phone completely while it's charging.  It's hardly optimal, but it's something.

0 Likes
DJH06
Contributor - Level 1

Thanks. Seems like someone posted about 30 minutes after me with similar issues. I didn't think much about it, but decided to ask others because nothing else changed with my phone in terms of apps or usage. In fact, I normally charge my phone when using the Spotify app and it is not charging nearly as fast as it did before via the Samsung wireless charger.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Changes in how your phone performs are supposed to be better after an update DJH06 . I'm sorry you're having issues with the fast charger but we will try to get this fixed. Did you download any new applications to your phone recently? Do you know what apps are using the majority of your batter? Select Apps > Settings > Battery > Battery Usage.

KinquanaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
DJH06
Contributor - Level 1

Android System 5%

Android OS 4%

Screen 3%

Calls 2%

Chrome 2%

Phone idle 2%

Message + 1%

Google Play Services 1%

Spotify 1%

Cell standby 1%

Bluetooth 1%

4 hours 42 minutes on battery down to 57%

Screen on time 57 mins

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for this information, DJH06. These percentages are within normal limits. Can you please run a Device Health Check. This will assist us with some diagnostic information about your device. To run the Health Check open your My Verizon Mobile app>tap the Menu Icon in the upper left corner>Devices>select your device>Run Health Check.

MahrizaP_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes