spam text notification sound
phbern
Enthusiast - Level 2

How can I change or turn off the notification sound for spam texts? I can change the sound for texts,say, from my wife, but I cannot figure out how to change them for the spam text filter. It doesn't do me much good to filter/flag texts as spam if I still have to open my phone to see that it is spam!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: spam text notification sound
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

phbern, I have been in the same boat that you are in with these Spam calls so I understand needing a way to separate a real call from a Spam one. Since Spam numbers are typically not the same. you would not have a way to do a special tone for those numbers. Do you have our Call Filter feature on your account?   https://www.verizon.com/support/how-to-use-call-filter/

-Nicci

0 Likes
phbern
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks, Nicci,

Yes, I do have call filter. I realize spam calls and texts come from different numbers, but it seems that if you can identify it as spam there should be a fairly easy way to at least silence the tone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I do appreciate your feedback. We are always looking for ways to improve our app. At this time there is no way to silence them. Do you have any other questions for us? -Amber

0 Likes