trade in credit
iratecustomer1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been dealing with your customer service/support since September.  I traded in an S20+5G for an S22 Ultra.  I was supposed to get an $800.00 credit for it.  The phone was shipped to the return center well within the required time frame.  Somewhere in the process, the phone model was switched to an S21.  The return was not processed and I received an email stating I would not get the credit because I did not comply with the term.  I have the confirmation from UPS that the phone was delivered to the Fort Worth return center.  My first attempt to correct this was using the chat feature.  I was told to rest assured that I would receive the full credit.  It did not happen.  The second time I called and the representative processed the credit and told me I would have the credit in ten days.  That did not happen either.  Friday morning the 28th I attempted again and was told I had to go through the entire process again.  I refused.  That afternoon I contacted them using the chat feature and was basically told I was a liar, that I had failed to return my phone.  Rusty told me that was the same answer I would get if I talked to one of the supervisors.  He stated that if I insisted in wasting my time, it could be one to two hours before a supervisor could get to my issue.  another message was sent stating they were a floor supervisor.  I requested a phone call and they stated they understood and would be with me shortly.  after a while, I made a comment about the time frame and they stated they would be with me momentarily. Around 7:30 pm, the chat was ended on their side and a new representative was being assigned.  The new representative started with tell me how I can assist you.  I stated I needed to speak to a manager before 8:00 pm.  I never received a call and I signed off at 8:01.  This morning I called and started the process all over again.  I was finally able to get them to agree that they did in fact have my phone.  I ended up with Travis who assured me he could put the trade in credit on my account.  I advised him that I no longer wanted that credit as that would obligate me to be a Verizon customer until the phone was paid off.  I wanted my phone back, I would return their phone, and would be switching to T Mobile.  Travis stated that there was no way to return my phone after I sent it to them.  I was informed I could either take the credit or pay off my phone and switch carriers.  It was my decision.  I have been a customer with Verizon for way to many years and have never been treated this way.  During our calls, I kept getting cut off on their side.  I was told it was because of a storm at their location.  I finally gave up and filed a complaint with the Attorney General in Missouri.  I stopped by the T Mobile store this afternoon to get the process started.  I guess I will be paying off my phones and switching service.

Labels (1)
Re: trade in credit
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for reaching out to us here, I hope your day is going well. Certainly we don't want to lose you, and I can't apologize enough. We are anxious to turn this around. I have sent you a private message to continue, thanks. 

-Rosie

0 Likes
SaltyS21U_User
Contributor - Level 3

@iratecustomer1 

I feel for you, as I have had the worst Customer Service/Support in the past year and a half, since porting over to Verizon from Sprint. I wish you all the best and hope they are able to make it right as I am still fighting my battles as well.

Salty... Oh, yes I am!!
0 Likes
iratecustomer1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been dealing with this since the end of August.  I have finally been able to get the credit approved and all information annotated.  I am waiting on the Attorney General response to see what course of action I will take.  I don't want to be obligated to stay with them to get the credit over the next two years.  I would rather lose the money and move on.

SaltyS21U_User
Contributor - Level 3

Oh, I do understand. I am looking to move on as well, but I have the Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra (Verizon) after I broke my Unlocked device by smashing it in the trunk of my vehicle. If I still was able to utilize the Unlocked opposed to the Verizon model S22 Ultra,  I would more then likely be gone already.

I like how you have contacted the Attorney General of Missouri and hopefully, you will get the issues taken care of properly. 

Wishing you all the Best.

Salty... Oh, yes I am!!
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are concerned to know about this situation, we want to make sure you get the service you deserve, please send us a private note  to further assist you

>Jorge

0 Likes