trade-in my phone
Dstty51

I traded in my old phone for a new phone.   I reset the phone before I sent it back.  Now I'm worried.  Does a reset also erase whatever was stored on the SD card?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: trade-in my phone
Klue
Master - Level 1

A factory reset only puts the phone back to factory conditions, it will not delete the data on the sd card.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dstty51, 

We're here to help, and we can certainly assist with your trade in concerns. May I ask what has you worried? Did you return the device with your SD card in it, or did you keep your SD card? 

MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes
Dstty51

I returned my device with the SD card still in it.  I reset the phone,  but now I understand that reset does not reset the SD card.  I am worried that there is/was personal information on that SD card.

Can anything be done at this point?  It was a large SD card as well, that I supplied.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dstty51, we completely understand your concern. We can help explain our process when we receive a phone from our customers.

When our Warehouse receives a phone as a trade-in or return, anything extra that is included with the phone like an SD card is destroyed and discarded. So there is no worries that any personal information on your SD card would be used by us. 

We deeply apologize, but there is no other process available when something besides the phone itself is sent to us.

StevenG_VZW

0 Likes