Re: transferring pictures from s8 to laptop
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Have you looked at the S8 User Manual?

Micro-USB Connector

You can use the included Micro-USB connector to

connect a Micro-USB cable (such as from your old

device) to your new device for charging with the

charging head, or for connecting to a computer.

Note: The USB option must be set to Media device (MTP) on the other device.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

There have been other discussions on this, e.g. Usb transfer  in the Android->Samsung GalaxyS8 and S8+ subtopic group.  There may be others as well, searching USB TRANSFER or other related topics.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Another option is to upload the photos to a cloud account like Google Photos or Microsoft OneDrive, then download them to your laptop from that cloud account.  That also then provides an additional backup for the photos.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having your photos and videos saved to your computer certainly comes in handy, PATWRI71. jav6 and tikibar1 gave some great tips. Here is a link that has the step by steps directions on how to transfer to your computer: http://spr.ly/6582Dicp0.

NicoleB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand the importance of being able to transfer pictures from your S8 to a laptop. Allow us to help. The community members have offered great solutions. Here's a link with helpful steps https://bit.ly/2kOuJAM. What steps have you taken so far?

CoreyM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes