unable to complete phone calls
JANHUN52

We are unable to get a phone call to go through. After 20 seconds, call is ended????

0 Likes
Re: unable to complete phone calls
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I apologize for the inconvenience and I'm here to help with your service concern. I am hopeful, the issue has been resolved since your original post. If not, let's look into this. What is your current zip code? Are you able to receive calls? When did the problem begin? 

Ayani_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
onthevirg
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same question. There was nothing further in this thread to indicate how it was solved. This is the second time that the problem has occurred. The problem is that phone calls out and phone calls in will appear to ring (going out) and ring with caller id displayed BUT there is no connection when answered, after 20 seconds, the phone "disconnects". There are no messages to either party. The last time, the problem went away after I closed an app screen asking me to activate Verizon security and app protection software. The phone worked fine immediately. This time there are no open tabs, no unanswered questions to answer and I do not have DO NOT DISTURB active. What is the problem? My zip code is 22153.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

onthevirg, 

It concerns us to hear you have come across issues with your phone calls. We will get to the bottom of it for you. We will need further details from you first. You mentioned this has happened two times. Has this occurred again since then? Is this happening in a specific location? If so, where? Has it happened with the same phone number each time or different numbers? 

ChristineJ_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
onthevirg
Enthusiast - Level 1

It has happened in my home within 30 feet. The first time was a week ago and "resolved" quickly by closing the open tab. The second time last night. This happened with the same phone number. My wife and I have the same phones with different numbers, hers ported a previous cell phone and mine ported acable-provided "landline". We were both in house when I confirmed the first problem by trying to call and receive calls from her phone - a practice we do very often to use it as an intercom.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you very much for providing us with these details, onthevirg. Rest assured, we will make sure that this calling issue is resolved correctly. What is the make and model to your device? Does the issue continue when you power your device off and back on?

BrettA_VZW

0 Likes