unable to connect to internet on home wireless network
flovey
Enthusiast - Level 2

My galaxy s10 is connecting to our home wireless network, but does not have internet access.  All other devices on the network are accessing internet without problem.  I have gone through troubleshooting steps on verizon website, but still not working.  

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: unable to connect to internet on home wireless network
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Are you able to check its DNS settings to ensure it is getting one?  Are you using IPV4 or IPV6 or are both activated?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
flovey
Enthusiast - Level 2

thank you for taking the time to give me some input.  so frustrating, however on a whim I uploaded the latest software version for the phone and that fixed the issue, no idea what was corrupted but I am happy to be back in action again

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Awesome, I'm glad to see that everything is fine after the software update, flovey. Are there any other Verizon Wireless questions that we can answer for you?

AntonioC_VZW

0 Likes
flovey
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am so frustrated, as once again I am now once again unable to connect to wireless networks.  Our network is not the issue, all other devices connect without an issue.  There is no update to the phone software which solved the issue a few weeks ago.  Is this an issue with the galaxy s10?  

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

Will your phone connect to other wifi networks around town?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry you're unable to connect your phone to your home wireless network Klue.  We can help with some steps to get this resolved. What phone do you have? What error message are you receiving when trying to connect to your WiFi at home? Have you upgraded your phone or software recently? 

KinquanaH_VZW

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@vzw_customer_support @KinquanaH_VZW Geez, don’t you think you should read through the thread so you’re responding properly to the poster with the problem?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
flovey
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was not able to connect to wi-fi anywhere.  After resetting, rebooting, finally got it to work again.  It is just so frustrating that every few months I have this issue.  It is a known problem with Galaxy S10 to lose wi-fi connectivity?

0 Likes