unable to send email through charter
Huskertwk

I'm unable to send email even though I can receive it through a Charter email account. It's specific to the Samsung Galaxy S7 since I have no problems sending and receiving with my Droid.

0 Likes
Re: unable to send email through charter
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The server settings must not be completely right for the S7. I would suggest removing the account from the phone and setting it up again after verifying the mobile server settings from Charter.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

bearone21
Legend

did you do an auto setup or manual....suggest auto.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sending and receiving your emails is a must, Huskertwk. That is concerning that you’re having trouble sending messages. Let’s get this fixed. As Ann154 pointed out it sounds like some settings may not be correct. What happens when you try to send an email? Has it ever worked since moving to the new phone?
I was able to find this help from your provider about setting up email on an Android phone: http://spr.ly/65878pIOR

JosephE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Huskertwk

I've removed the account and set it up again at least three times.  I've tried doing it manually as well as automatically.  I've verified the incoming an outgoing server settings with the Charter mobile settings as well as compared them to the two other phones on my Verizon account that both use Charter email accounts.  In fact, I have two separate Charter email accounts on my Droid Turbo 2 and another family member has a Charter email account that will send on a Samsung Galaxy S6.  The S7 initially sent emails with no problems. But, it seemed to stop sending after a major OS update although I can't recall which one it was.  The S7 will send email from a Gmail account, so it must be something specific to Charter.

0 Likes
Huskertwk

Both.

0 Likes
Huskertwk

When sending email, it just continually tries to send and ends up sitting in the outbox.  It did used to work initially, but as I mentioned in my response to Ann154, it seemed to have stopped after a major OS update.  I have tried the Charter settings you listed in the link, but they did not work.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Huskertwk,

Having the full ability to use your email account on your phone is everything. We wanted to be sure that we've thoroughly looked into what you're experiencing so we checked for any confirmed issues, however we're not seeing any with Charter email accounts. You've attempted a lot of troubleshooting and we appreciate your efforts, but we'd like to have you try removing the email account agian, then resetting the email app completely, then re-adding the account. Here's how to reset the app http://vz.to/2jdaDxH.

ShawnteJ_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

drago61
Enthusiast - Level 1

This resolved the issue for me (using samsung S8) but there is no button for me to select. 

0 Likes