Re: update 4DRB1 battery problems
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

After the factory reset, don't restore your settings or install any other applications.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
BRUENG2
Enthusiast - Level 3

So you had the same issue?. You reset your phone and just did not add any apps.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

BRUENG2 wrote:

So you had the same issue?. You reset your phone and just did not add any apps.

I was just answering what "run as stock" mean. I don't have this phone model.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
McC007
Enthusiast - Level 3

To reiterate what I've already said, and provide an upate.

* Yesterday morning I did a factory reset.

* I did NOT install ANY aps.

* Within 10 minutes the phone was down to about 90% battery

* To further experiment, I used the phone as normal during the day - made calls, downloaded photos, etc.

* Did NOT install any aps

* Plugged the phone in, and left it until fully charged

* Removed phone from charger, confirmed it was at 100%

* Did not use phone for anything, except to check the time. NO calls, nothing else

* This morning, less than 12 hours later, I am at 27% battery.  As it has dropped 2% in the last 30 minutes, I fully expect it to run out in the next hour.

* I have still NOT INSTALLED ANY APS

I am keeping an eye on the purchase of a couple of used LG phones.  Not going to waste money on a new one or trade at Verizon.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate all of your efforts thus far, BRUENG2. It's important we get to the bottom of this. Unfortunately, at this time, Samsung has not reported this as a known issue. Have you attempted a factory reset on the device? After the reset, test the device without any apps to see if you experience the same issues. Please be sure to back up your content to ensure you don't lose any important information.

DanielleR_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vanessas_vzw
Verizon Employee

McC007, you've certainly done a lot of troubleshooting already. I'm sorry this battery issue has not been resolved yet. I know you did the Factory Reset and have not downloaded any apps. Can you go to the Battery to see what is consuming it? I'm curious to see what it shows.

Settings> Battery> scroll down to see what is shown.

Thank you,

VanessaS_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes
BRUENG2
Enthusiast - Level 3

My phone appears to have fixed itself. The update took 12 days to complete. So far so good

McC007
Enthusiast - Level 3

Vanessa,

The battery usage showed primary usage by Andoird System, and phone idle.

As of yesterday morning, I had given up with trouble-shooting.  Loaded most of my normal aps, set up applications for email and FB, and disabled wi-fi.

Why disable wi-fi?  I had found since the December timeframe update, having the phone in wi-fi mode drained the battery faster than anything else.

So far, I am down to about 40% - but nearly 32 hours have gone by.

Appears my the battery usage on my phone has returned to "normal."  This took well over a week to recover.  And I still have much less capacity than before the December update.  And I still have to use the wi-fi mode sparingly, as it still uses up the battery.

I'm still looking at a replacement (used), as I am getting tired of doing a factory reset almost every time there is an update pushed, and having to recreate everything, set everything back up, etc.  And of course Verizon Cloud is not free, and Google back-up is not straight forward.

Anyone know of a good phone and provider?

BRUENG2
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well here we are back to the problem.

Everything was fine after the 11 days it took for the update to finish.

Some apps must have updated the other night and now my battery is dieing again. The software update must run in the background until everything has worked through.

Ughhh

0 Likes
McC007
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have been living with about 2 days battery life, when wi-fi is turned off, since last week.

Today, can't recall why, I've left wi-fi on.  Still have over 70%, and it has been nearly 24 hours.

My used LG-G6 should be here in a few days ... will be happy to get past this.