update crashed and reset my phone completely to factory settings. a years worth of apps and data gone
Donovan79651
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon's most recent update completely wiped out my phone of data and apps downloaded over the last year. I now have to download whatever was saved from back up. the frustration, time and energy wasted on having to download everything again outweighs the convenience of having your data backed up. As a customer no update should be released that can cause this to happen with out my prior approval to install these updates! Worse yet, Verizon's customer service tried to hide the fact that an update was even released!

Re: update crashed and reset my phone completely to factory settings. a years worth of apps and data gone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Donovan79651,

Oh no! A software update should improve the device, and I am sorry to hear that this did not occur. I am glad to hear that you were able to reload your information back to the device. I apologize for any inconvenience that this caused. Thanks for taking the time to send us this feedback.

PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes