upgrade has caused many failures...can I do a reset to default software?
quiltographer

I upgraded my Galaxy III  on 7/20/14 and have had many failures of the phone since then. I generally charge it every night and 3 mornings last week when I went to check my phone it was blank....like it was turned off. None of the buttons responded. I finally took the battery out and then it powered up letting me know that it was fully charged, so I know that it was not a discharged battery. It has also distorted the wallpaper picture on the lock screen. The camera failed 3 times last Saturday. I had to reboot to get the camera to work.

In the settings there is a factory data reset. What do I need to do to save all my info before I do something like that. Will doing that put the original software back on and thus solving this problem? I had no problems with my phone before the update.

thanks for any help on this...

0 Likes
Re: upgrade has caused many failures...can I do a reset to default software?
hugorodriguezus

Practically all who have Galaxy S III, the upgrade brings us problems. But from what I've researched, this problem is only Verizon because I have friends with the same phone but ATT and T-Mobile and have no problems. One year I have the Galaxy III and I have been 3 upgrade makes. Each upgrade makes the phone run slower. Call customer service and they suggested to change the device for other newest model. I think it's a ruse Verizon to sell new phones. Unfortunately we can not access the original software that was bringing the phone. When I bought worked very fast but now is a turtle. I will cancel Verizon and I'll go to another company. regarding your question, you can make a back up of your information by sending it to a Google account (g-mail) and then rescue her from there. I did it once but the phone just continued as reinstall the latest software. Luck.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Totally incorrect all carriers are seeing the upgrade complaints.

You may not see as many since Sprint and T-Mobile don't have that many customers as does Verizon Wireless.

Additionally if the device maker has made millions of these devices and the ratio of complaints are very small compared to sales figures it could be just a bad device. Verizon does not make devices and they don't care as a retailer if you buy from them or not.

You would have the issues if you bought it from Best Buy or Walmarts.

Good Luck

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to see you enjoying your update from Samsung, quiltographer. Are you getting an error message/code when the camera fails? Do you access any particular application before placing it on the charger at night? Or do you have a battery saver application that may also offer an auto-restart?

If you do decide to do the reset, there's steps for backing up your phone and how to reset at http://vz.to/LfV00q. This will clear out all the data from your phone and any corrupt applications, but it will not reset the software to a previous version.

JenniferH_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
quiltographer

Thank you, Jennifer for your reply.

Doing a reset was far more complicated than I could deal with and I found a very nice young man at a Verizon Wireless independent store that helped me with the process. Since it wiped my phone, I am now in the process of getting to know it again. I really loved the old software and had no problem with it. If I had known, I would never have updated it....good to know for the future.

Jo

0 Likes
hugorodriguezus

Ms. Jennifer, thanks for answer. Now I'am in my work but after go to make your indications. Thanks again. Hugo

Enviado desde Yahoo Mail en Android

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

A software update should only improve the performance of the device hugorodriguezus. We would never want to lose your valued business. What specific apps or functions are you having difficulties with? Did you retain them during the update?

JonathanK_VZW
VZWSupport
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
hugorodriguezus

Thank you very much for helping me. I have trouble when I connect it to load. delay in recognizing that it is charging. he remains on an "X" red. The battery gets too hot. All applications run slowly. Takes 5 seconds to respond to the order. The phone worked well and very fast until they started with udgrade. From which came the first difficulties began and upgrade the phone to work slower. Thank you very much for contacting me do not worry as more and take a decision.

Enviado desde Yahoo Mail en Android

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good to hear, quiltographer! I am glad that you were able to reset your device. It is an awesome feeling that a cleared phone and knowing that you can rebuild it how you want. If a software update was to come again, it will ask a couple of times when you want to do it. Eventually, it will just automatically push to your handset.

RobinD_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are dedicated to offering you the best device experience, hugo! Did you have the opportunity to complete the reset to clear any corruptions that occured during the update?

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes