use s5 in europe
videograndpa
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just got an S5 in November.  what do i need to do to be able to use it in europe?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: use s5 in europe
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

No need to be sorry or disappointed videograndpa. We always have options for you; it's important to be able to use your phone while away. Our 4G LTE phones are unlocked for global use. However, we offer international plans, so you can stay connected. Please click http://vz.to/17KseUf to view all the options.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Get a SIM card from the carrier of choice in the country you are visiting and add the APN for the carrier settings.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
videograndpa
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am really sorry to hear that.  I thought it was just a matter of changing some settings.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sure you can get a global plan from Verizon Wireless, but it might be cheaper to use the local carrier.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

No need to be sorry or disappointed videograndpa. We always have options for you; it's important to be able to use your phone while away. Our 4G LTE phones are unlocked for global use. However, we offer international plans, so you can stay connected. Please click http://vz.to/17KseUf to view all the options.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
videograndpa
Enthusiast - Level 3

Can I just go to italy, then pull out my phone and use it?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

videograndpa,

Great question! If the device roaming settings are enable you may be able to yes. However, you would want to be aware of the rates prior to usage as well as determine if you have the correct features to allow usage while there. The link provided above will show you exactly what you need for your trip with your device. Check it out and when ready to add features give us a call at 800-922-0204 or by dialing *611.

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes