very disappointed in customer service after 25+ years, was lied to multiple times
karen4409

Before Thanksgiving there was a deal that showed up to get $699 back for trading in and upgrading my phone.  We had to hunt for who had the new phone in my area and I would need to ship back my old phone for the trade in.  It took multiple calls to get someone to send a box to send in the old phone and it never arrived, someone finally sent a label to put on my own box.  I followed tracking and got confirmation that the phone arrived.  When I called in January to find out when I would get my credit I was told they could see the phone arrived and it would take another billing cycle to credit.  I followed up again and after 2 hours on a chat that got cut off and another call for 2 1/2 hours I got no where.  Each person said they could help me but didn't.  The person on the phone said it looks like they are not giving me the $699 credit, that it was not the promotion at the time. He said I got a credit and that was all they were giving me.  He also said that I was sent the wrong label so the phone was not marked as a trade in.  This last person said he would be able to work some sort of credit out for me but the department was closed and would have to call me back the next morning when they opened.  He never did.  And I did not want to spend another several hours being lied to, asking for a supervisor and never being connected to a supervisor.  I am tired of the run around with Verizon.  We have 5 lines with you, this was the 5th trade in last year and there were problems with each of them requiring hours on the phone trying to correct addresses, etc.  In those cases I was reassured that they fixed the address, but they had not.  Verizon does not make it easy to do these things and by sending information over text for signatures it allows for mistakes.  We are unable to read details in those texts easily and it is hard to correct.  I hope someone from customer service sees this and is able to reach out to me to try and make me happy.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: very disappointed in customer service after 25+ years, was lied to multiple times
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

karen4409 Your satisfaction is extremely important to us, and I'm sorry to hear about your experience. We will do all the research necessary to get this resolved for you. Do you have the submission ID number for the Trade-in?  

-Evelyn

0 Likes
Re: very disappointed in customer service after 25+ years, was lied to multiple times
karen4409

no, there was no trade in ID.  I think that was part of the problem.  No one sent me a box after several calls.  I had a tracking number from the UPS label but that was all they sent me.  I am guessing because they say they sent the wrong label.  The UPS tracking was 1Z1601VV9096171377.  Showed delivered 12/20/21 at 8:32 am.  The UPS system no longer tracks it. I have had multiple verizon reps tell me they show that it was returned as well.  I just want my $699 credit that I was promised.  

Thank you

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the insights! Please send us a Private Note, so we can take a closer look.

~Maria

0 Likes
karen4409

private message sent

0 Likes