Re: vz Protect not working
TamaraH_VZW
Verizon Employee

We truly regret to see so many people have been impacted by this message.

We have determined this error message requires level 3 support by the technical support team at 800.922.0204. Our 2nd level of support  will need to gather some details from you and within 24 hours the issue will resolved. Thanks so much for bringing this to our attention so we can get you back on track with the the VZ Protect & Support application.

TamaraH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bumboola
Enthusiast - Level 2

The post above is the correct solution.

I called the number above, told agent that I was getting a message of "internal error accessing data" when I tried to log in. Agent replied that the app would be reset remotely by tech support within 24 hours. I checked it the next day, logged in without a problem and it is working just as before

0 Likes
bumboola
Enthusiast - Level 2

BTW, this was on a Samsung S5 so I assume it would work for any Verizon phone with this app.

0 Likes
w8nyy1

I also have an S5 with the same issue.  Reported it and had it escalated as suggested on Mat 12, 2017.  Received a few text messages that they were working in it but it's been 10 days and nothing yet.  Still the same error.  The last text message said they'd notify me when it was fixed.  I even referred them to this thread.  The tech seemed surprised and gave me the standard trouble shoot routine. Yes, I cleared the cache, yes I uninstalled the app, rebooted and reinstalled.  Everything short of a factory reset since that has proven not too correct the issue.  Getting a bit impatient with Verizon support.

0 Likes