was the rebooting problem of s8 fixed by the latest software update?
YAR333

After installing my VR gear the phone would randomly reboot on its own!!!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: was the rebooting problem of s8 fixed by the latest software update?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having to completely re-install everything is a daunting prospect. There are a lot more backup options these days, but it still does take time to get your phone back the way you like. However, having your phone restart randomly is not any fun, either!

We're here to help. One step that is less invasive is to uninstall and re-install just the VR app, since you stated it just started happening afterwards. If you haven't already attempted that step, I recommend doing so, to make sure the app didn't install incorrectly.

After that, the next step would be the full factory reset. Do you need any help backing up your information?

KarolineD_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I lover the Galaxy S8 and the VR Gear and I want them to work with no issues YAR333. I'm sorry you're having issues with it rebooting. When did this issue begin? Is the software on your device up to date? Have you completed a factory reset after the last update?

0 Likes
YAR333

I have done everything else except factory reset because I don't want to

reinstall all my apps. The rebooting problem still persists although not as

often.

On May 18, 2017 8:15 AM, "vzw_customer_support" <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having to completely re-install everything is a daunting prospect. There are a lot more backup options these days, but it still does take time to get your phone back the way you like. However, having your phone restart randomly is not any fun, either!

We're here to help. One step that is less invasive is to uninstall and re-install just the VR app, since you stated it just started happening afterwards. If you haven't already attempted that step, I recommend doing so, to make sure the app didn't install incorrectly.

After that, the next step would be the full factory reset. Do you need any help backing up your information?

KarolineD_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes