when am i going to get wifi calling
mbmcpa
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have gone into the Verizon store with a CNET article telling reps that wifi calling was going to be available (they did not even know).  They assured me that the roll out of the update would take about a week.  I contacted Verizon they said i had to wait but I could do it manually by downloading the software upgrade assistant on my computer, I tried this but that did not work either..... Now it's almost a month and I still do not have this update and have spent countless hours trying to manually update it - the upgrade assistant actually redid my phone for me without any advanced warning!!!! It also managed to loss some if my contacts???!!!  I just want to know how many people have received the update and when?  I am getting so tired waiting as I pay alot of money monthly for these phones and feel I should have the most up to date service available!!!!!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: when am i going to get wifi calling
deloused
Master - Level 3

Your phone should have the software for Wifi calling by now. Is your current software version-LMY47X.G920VVRU4BOK7?

View solution in original post

deloused
Master - Level 3

Your phone should have the software for Wifi calling by now. Is your current software version-LMY47X.G920VVRU4BOK7?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are just as excited about the new WIFI calling feature as you are, Mbmcpa! We are here to help. Which text messaging application are you using at this time?

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

My GS6 got the update for wifi calling several weeks ago.

mbmcpa
Enthusiast - Level 3

my software version is LMY47X.G928VVRU2AOJ3.  I check at least once a day to see if there is a new update available...my last update was Dec 16, 2015 using the assistant!!!!

0 Likes
mbmcpa
Enthusiast - Level 3

I use the Verizon Messages (Message+)

0 Likes
mbmcpa
Enthusiast - Level 3

Lucky you!! Does it work great?  I have terrible reception in my home so I know this feature would be wonderful for me!!!  I can't wait to get my update (if it ever comes)!!

0 Likes
mbmcpa
Enthusiast - Level 3

Per the CNET article this wifi calling update would begin on Dec 8th.  I had gotten the article via email Dec 6th and have been waiting since then ;(

rcschnoor
Legend

mbmcpa wrote:

my software version is LMY47X.G928VVRU2AOJ3.  I check at least once a day to see if there is a new update available...my last update was Dec 16, 2015 using the assistant!!!!

My build is LMY47X.G920VVRU4BOK7

I must have gotten it around the same time. Have you gone into the Advanced Calling menu and turned on wifi calling. I don't think it is on by default.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

mbmcpa wrote:

Lucky you!! Does it work great?  I have terrible reception in my home so I know this feature would be wonderful for me!!!  I can't wait to get my update (if it ever comes)!!

It works differently. I find I have to always dial the area code for a call to go thru. If I don't dial area code, I get a message stating the number does not accept wifi calls. I dial the same number with area code and it works just fine.

0 Likes