where is blocking mode with the new S4 update?
DJSomers
Enthusiast - Level 3

I updated my Galaxy S4 yesterday and today I can't locate the Blocking mode. Please tell me Samsung did not do away with this feature.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: where is blocking mode with the new S4 update?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I would assume it was changed to Interruptions like on the S5.  If so, it doesn't work exactly the same way as Blocking mode, but is close, and can be found via Settings > Sound and Notification > Interruptions

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
DJSomers

New software updates are very exciting! What blocking mode are you referring to? What would you like to block on the phone? Please share more with us.

TionnaB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I would assume it was changed to Interruptions like on the S5.  If so, it doesn't work exactly the same way as Blocking mode, but is close, and can be found via Settings > Sound and Notification > Interruptions

DJSomers
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for this information, tikibar1. I have now changed my "interruptions" but I certainly liked the blocking mode better. I can no longer set the phone to accept a call from a particular number during the time "Do Not Disturb" is enabled and now whenever I use the phone there is a notification that  Do Not Disturb is on, which is frustrating. Why do updates always have to mess up features that were working well?

0 Likes