wifi calling
SHEVIN35
Enthusiast - Level 2

Reception in my area has dropped to 1 bar.  Verizon support told me to turn on wifi calling but I don't know how to force the phone to use that.  Any ideas?

0 Likes
Re: wifi calling
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which phone model do you have? The instructions for wifi calling are dependent on the phone model.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
SHEVIN35
Enthusiast - Level 2

Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Turn Wi-Fi Calling On / Off - Samsung Galaxy S7 / S7 edge | Verizon Wireless

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

SHEVIN35
Enthusiast - Level 2

I know how to turn it on, but the phone doesn't seem to use the wifi if it finds any cellular signal. My signal is so bad the calls break up terribly so I want to force the phone to use wifi.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I apologize for the reception issues you're having in your area, SHEVIN35. Let me see what's going on and get it fixed. What's your zip code? When did this issue start? Do you have the turned off? Please refer to the link for the steps http://vz.to/2wg1oq5

EdwinW_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
SHEVIN35
Enthusiast - Level 2

My zip is 03833, address is Heritage Way in Exeter. I've used Verizon from my home for years, but since I came back in May it's been terrible. I thought perhaps it was my new phone, but my daughter was here using her IPhone and kept getting dropped too.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let’s keep working towards a solution, SHEVIN35. Thanks for the location, no known issues. As far as the WiFi calling, is HD Voice activated and turned on for your device? Click here to check: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-130983/

ChrisM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
SHEVIN35
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes it is. The phone simply will not make any call if airplane mode is on.

There may be no known issues in my area, but there certainly is minimal reception. Perhaps Verizon should check the local signal. Something has changed in this local over the last year or so.

Drunder39
Enthusiast - Level 3

What I did was disable data (4G) with WiFi calling on and all calls use WiFI calling only.. Not sure why but I live in a [Removed] 4G signal area (Candia NH) and my calls were all broken up and usually disconnect..

I make sure WiFi calling is on and then disable Mobile data and problem solved.. nice solid clear sounding HD calls..

inappropriate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator