wifi will only connect to unsecured wifi after android 7 update
isrdude

After the dreaded Android 7.0 update, my Galaxy S6 Edge cannot connect to internet in secure mode.  I can connect to wifi's that don't have any security, but in my WPA2 mode, I connect, then I get message that says, "internet may not be available.  I've accomplished all the troubleshooting tips, i.e. forget network, reconnect, clear cache, factory reset (I've done that 3 times in last 30 hours), nothing seems to work

0 Likes
Re: wifi will only connect to unsecured wifi after android 7 update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We can’t have you miss out on the wifi connections, especially at home. Do any other devices have trouble connecting to your wifi? Have you checked your router/modem for any new software updates?

StevenM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
KRISSYB223
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same exact issue going on and only since updating!!  The entire time since owning my S6, I usually use 0.5-1GB of Data/month.  Since doing the update on 4/29, I've used almost 2GB of Data in <2 weeks!!  I keep getting kicked off my wifi which is increasing my data use, I'm having trouble sending & receiving text messages, my battery is draining faster, I having intermittent echoing when on a phone call, and the list goes on!  When I was just re-reading about the recent update done on my phone (when you click on system updates in settings)- why does it say that the new 7.0 Nouget has successfully downloaded on my S7?!!?  I don't have an S7!  I have an S6!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KRISSYB223,

I do apologize that you have been having to endure such a situation with your device. We certainly do not want to see that you are having these troubles. What troubleshooting steps have you tried thus far? I do not want to have you do something that you have already tried.

NicoleT_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my  response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my  response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in  advance for your help with this!

0 Likes