Can I send text messages using a Samsung Galaxy Tablet?
drjax

My Tab S was assigned a phone number.  I understand it cannot make calls, but can I use it to text others?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: text messages using samsung galaxy tab s
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

The only way to text using the tablet would be via an app that syncs with your actual phone's phone number.  For instance, Messages+ (Verizon's app) will sync to your phone, and you can send and receive texts on the tablet, but it will be messages sent to and from your phone number, not the tablet's number.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

The only way to text using the tablet would be via an app that syncs with your actual phone's phone number.  For instance, Messages+ (Verizon's app) will sync to your phone, and you can send and receive texts on the tablet, but it will be messages sent to and from your phone number, not the tablet's number.

0 Likes
door
Enthusiast - Level 1

What if my new tablet is a direct replacement for my former primary phone. The new tablet does in fact now have my former primary phone's number assigned to it all via my Verizon acct.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

No, the tablet is not capable of sending or receiving text messages natively through the number assigned to it for cellular service.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

door wrote:

What if my new tablet is a direct replacement for my former primary phone. The new tablet does in fact now have my former primary phone's number assigned to it all via my Verizon acct.

The provisioning for a tablet line of service is different than the provisioning for a phone line; the charge is different and the service is different.  So it's not a "direct" replacement - it is a change of service on the line.  You need a line of service provisioned for PHONE service, and THAT line and number will be used to sync Verizon Messages+.

0 Likes