Galaxy Tab S7 Plus 5g
Scodic
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just upgraded, won't stay connected to the network, dosen't connect at all. When the 4g icon comes on works just fine, ten minutes later 5g icon and can't do anything online. Two hour's on the phone with customer service, most of that on hold. No help, sending me a new sim card. My next month bill is wrong again customer service agreed but could do nothing. 1000 dollars for a tablet that won't connect to the network when I return this piece of garbage tablet you are going to charge me a 50 dollar restocking fee an keep the activation fee. I've been a customer for 12 years. Done with this company. 

Labels (1)
Re: Galaxy Tab S7 Plus 5g
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, before anything thanks for your 12 years of loyalty to the company, we appreciate your business. Being on top of your service is vital, especially if you are having multiple issues. We value your time and want to assist you effectively. Let's take it an issue at a time. We can certainly troubleshoot your tablet in an effort to find a solution. What recent changes have you made (software update, new apps, moved, etc.)? Do you have other devices on the account? If yes, do they encounter similar issues? Aside from the network, have you noticed other problems? 

0 Likes
MICWIL96

I am having same issue with both my Galaxy S7+ tab and S20 ultra phone. Both devices switch back and forth constantly from 4g lte to 5g (5g not available where I am). When it switches to 5g I lose connection. No data transfer at all until it switches back to lte.

Every since the system updates that activated 5g for the device.. System Update 7 for S20 ultra (update description below) and recent galaxy tab s7+ which claimed the same upgrade, made device able to see and connect to 5g. 

As I mentioned above, the devices constantly swap back and forth between the 2 networks despite there being no 5g coverage near me (closest is Atlanta 2 hours away). When the device displays the 5g icon, I lose have no data connection until it decides to randomly swap itself self back to lte. Yes I have reset. Tech coach immediately told me to call 1800 number. Please fix Verizon. terrible having not one but two unreliable HIGH PRICED devices. 

Thank you,

Michael Wilcox

xxx-xxx-8872

Release date: 10/14/2020
Android Security Patch Level: September 2020
Software Version: QP1A.190711.020.G988USQU1BTJ1

What's changing:

The current software update:

• Brings 5G Nationwide access to your device! 5G Nationwide is available in 1,800+ cities. You'll see a 5G icon when you're in a 5G Nationwide coverage area. For more information about 5G Nationwide, see our 5G Mobile FAQs
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We'd certainly be glad to help look into the trouble, Michael. This is certainly an unusual issue as the Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra is a 5G phone, but the Galaxy S7 tablet isn't. Do both change between 5G and 4G at the same time, or are they more independent? 

ZakC_VZW

0 Likes
MICWIL96

"This is certainly an unusual issue as the Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra is a 5G phone, but the Galaxy S7 tablet isn't."

Ummm, my Galaxy S7+ Tablet most certainly is a 5G device. I have never been on both devices at the same time to compare, but they both cycle constantly. Now there are days that I will not see it cycle off 4G, but it's rare. It's actually happening right now. See the screenshots below.

20210102_013109.jpg

20210102_012746.jpg

0 Likes