Group text issue with verizon messages plus
LISMCV96
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi, just got a galaxy s8 and I'm trying to use the verizon messages plus texting app. The problem I am having is that when I create a group text, it goes out as an mms but when I receive a group text it comes in as a "mass" text and when I reply, it sends an individual text to each person and I also receive those texts in my conversation thread. I can change the "mass" text to mms but it never stays changed. Can someone help!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
Re: Group text issue with verizon messages plus
deloused
Master - Level 3

Is your phone connected to LTE when receiving the messages?

0 Likes
LISMCV96
Enthusiast - Level 2

It happens when connected to both wifi and LTE.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LISMCV96

Group messaging is an extremely convenient feature that should work properly for you. So that we can help, we'll need some additional information. To clarify, are you receiving responses in the group message that you send inside the message thread or are the responses coming in separately? What happens when you try to send/receive a group message in the Samsung Messages app?

ShawnteJ_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
LISMCV96
Enthusiast - Level 2

Everything seems okay when I initiate a group message but when I am

included in a group message, it says "mass" text when I respond and then I

get my response back in individual messages. For example, if 6 people were

in the group, then I get 6 of my own response into my conversation thread.

I have not tried to send or receive group messages with the samsung app.

Hope this make sense and thanks for your response!

Lisa

Lisa McVey

On Mon, Aug 28, 2017 at 7:07 AM, vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That makes sense for the most part. To use a group conversation:

1.Select multiple recipients to receive a message.

2.View: A Recipient's reply to (toggle bar appears).

◦Group (Default): Messages are sent as Group MMS and capable recipients can send a reply to all recipients of the original message.

◦Just Me: Messages are sent as Mass Text, so recipients do not see other recipients and do not have the option to reply to the group. Messages are sent as text message unless sent with attachments.

Note:

•Customers using the Message + may switch between sending Group MMS and Mass Text by pressing on the names at the top of a conversation thread (toggle bar appears).

Does that help at all?

TamaraH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

d_cooper28
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a Note 5 and when I send a group test but toggle it to just reply to me, the replies are still going to evreryone.  Please advise.  thx

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being able to do the Mass Text feature can come in handy, d_cooper28. We want to make sure we get this working for you. When you select the multiple contacts, and then click Just Me, in the box to text, does it say type a Group Message or type a Mass Text? What version of Message+ do you have? From the Message+ app, click on Menu (three lines at the top left), About.

NicoleB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
PADLINDIVA

regarding:

2.View: A Recipient's reply to (toggle bar appears).

◦Group (Default): Messages are sent as Group MMS and capable recipients can send a reply to all recipients of the original message.

◦Just Me: Messages are sent as Mass Text, so recipients do not see other recipients and do not have the option to reply to the group. Messages are sent as text message unless sent with attachments.

If I make up a group for a text by listing individual numbers, it shows the REPLY TO JUST ME option.  but when I made a permanent group, to avoid always having to type each name, the JUST ME option disappeared.    I need that to  avoid everyone getting 150 texts and replies....

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

PADLINDIVA, we want to ensure that we’re doing everything we can to help you enjoy your experience with Verizon Messages. In order to make sure that we have a full understanding of this issue, can you please elaborate on what the exact issue is, so we may better assist?

SamanthaT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes