How do I change the google account tablet was activated with?
Charlie_Phone

I have a company galaxy Tab S2 that was activated by an employee's google account that no longer works for the company.  I do not know the google account so I would like to reset it.  I have done a hard reset but that did not work.  How do I do this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I change the google account tablet was activated with?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am disappointed to hear that you can not get the tablet unlocked. This is a security Feature to prevent theft. To get this unlocked you would need to initial email account.
AlbertoR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

You could try going into the settings under accounts and remove the google account listed there. Then you could sign in with your google account. Otherwise, you could try a factory reset of the device which would erase everything on the tablet, and have you sign in with a google account when setting the device up.

0 Likes
Charlie_Phone

I am unable to open the tablet at this point.  The tablet prompts me for

the google account that it was last synced to.  I am unable to get past

this prompt.  I have tried a factory reset twice but it did not change this

prompt.  Any other ideas?

Charles [Removed]

personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am disappointed to hear that you can not get the tablet unlocked. This is a security Feature to prevent theft. To get this unlocked you would need to initial email account.
AlbertoR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes