Not able to log into Verizon Cloud on Galaxy Tab S2 (Allready Tried Answer from thePathfinder discussion)
adamsocb1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have this open in the Verizon Cloud section but I am not getting any response so I will try here as well:

Device Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 SM-T817V

Android Version 5.1.1

Cloud Version 14.3.38

I am not able to log into Verizon Cloud app on my new Samsung Galaxy Tab S2. I have the tablet registered and I can get to the Cloud from Chrome on the Tab, but if I try to login to the Cloud app I get the "Mobile Number Changed" message and it says to do a "factory data reset" I have tried clearing the cloud application data and cache, and still get the same message.
I just got the tablet from a Verizon store on 12/26/15; I have never been able to login to the cloud app; there was no number change on this device; and the number in status is correct. From what I see in the support forums here, this is a problem at least two other users have experienced. One on an Ellipsis and one on a Samsung.

Additional information:
I did the "factory data reset" and it still has the same problem. It seems VZW Cloud has a problem with this hardware-software version combination. I also tried to install VZW Cloud for Tablets and it will not install.

Please report this issue to your tech staff and let me know when you have an answer or solution.

Labels (1)
Re: Not able to log into Verizon Cloud on Galaxy Tab S2 (Allready Tried Answer from thePathfinder discussion)
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Adam, This is quite a bit of information you are sharing about the issue es you are having with the cloud. Let's work on fixing this problem as it is important to use the cloud to back up your information. Have you tried un installing and re installing the cloud on your device? Use these steps http://vz.to/1yiX3JW and then ensure you have a good connection by going on the internet to browse and then try logging into the cloud under the user name and password.
EdwinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Not able to log into Verizon Cloud on Galaxy Tab S2 (Allready Tried Answer from thePathfinder discussion)
adamsocb1
Enthusiast - Level 3

EdwinW_VZW,

Please try to read my post with understanding, and/or get someone with enough knowledge on this issue to respond accurately.

That link [Uninstall and Reinstall - Verizon Cloud - Windows | Verizon Wireless] is for Windows. I have no problem logging into the Verizon Cloud from my Windows PC.

My problem is with the Galaxy Tab S2. It is not possible to uninstall the Verizon Cloud App from the Tab S2 device (no uninstall button in the application manager) and as I said, I tried to install the Verizon Cloud for tablets and that does not work either (returns an "unknown error 505" message). I also have tried with both Wi-Fi and LTE connections and as I said, I can access the cloud from Chrome in the Tab S2 device.

Please elevate to a level of tech support that can truly address this issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for replying back to refresh the issue you are having with the cloud. Let me work further to address your concern. Have you tried to clear the app cashe? Usethis link for the steps http://vz.to/1QZz4Na and keep us posted.
EdwinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please c�Correct Answer�t Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
adamsocb1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes I tried clearing the cache as well as app data and stopping the app then restarting. Still has the same "Mobile Number has Changed Message.

One more bit of information. When I tap the OK button in the "number has changed" message the screen very briefly flashes an error message which is to quick to read. All I could make out was "Cloud has stopped..."

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
adamsocb1,

I do appreciate all of the troubleshooting steps you have taken so far. I am concerned about the error message you are receiving about a mobile number change. Are you able to verify in your My Verizon account online if yor tablet line is showing the Cloud feature on it? You can view this under My Plan->Products & Apps.

ChristinaM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
adamsocb1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, the tablet's phone number shows up on the cloud feature in managme my apps.

Does VZW Support have test devices where you can check if the Cloud works at all with my hardware/software combination?

0 Likes
Re: Re: Not able to log into Verizon Cloud on Galaxy Tab S2 (Allready Tried Answer from thePathfinder discussion)
adamsocb
Enthusiast - Level 2

Some additional information:

When I try to log into the cloud app on the tablet I get a small box with the moving circle and the word "Login" then the following pop-up dialog box appears:

Mobile Number Changed

The mobile number for this phone has changed to 909-285-6926.

Before you set up Verizon Cloud, any content on this phone that doesn't belong to you should be removed. We recommend you go to Settings and "factory data reset" the phone.

This will erase everything on the phone and make sure that someone else's content doesn't get into your Cloud account.

When the phone restarts, you'll be able to set up your Cloud account and restore any of your saved content.

OK

When I then tap "OK" one of two things happens:

1) A message flashes very briefly on the screen, it is so short I can't read the whole message. It starts out "Unfortunately we can't..." then it goes back to the home screen.

2) The screen flashes white then returns to the red Verizon Cloud App login screen.

Same behavior on both LTE and WiFi. I have tried clearing the Cloud App data and cache from the App Manager in settings, then restarting, I have also tried the "factory data reset" same behavior after both.

The cloud is registered to this tablet's number (verified in device settings and on My Verizon) and I can get to it from both my PC and by logging into it through Chrome on the tablet.

Re: Re: Not able to log into Verizon Cloud on Galaxy Tab S2 (Allready Tried Answer from thePathfinder discussion)
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

adamsocb Thank you for trying those steps. We know how important it is that you have access to the Verizon Cloud on your Samsung Tablet. Let's figure this out. First, have you completed the factory reset since changing the mobile number? If not go to Settings, tap Backup and Reset, select Factory Data Reset, select Reset Device and tap Delete all. It will take several minutes for the tablet to reset and reactivate.

SheritaHrVH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @Vpport
If my response answered your question please click therrec Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
adamsocb
Enthusiast - Level 2

The message is WRONG. The number was never changed, and yes I have tried the "factory data reset" with the number as it is now.

0 Likes