Re: Not able to log into Verizon Cloud on Galaxy Tab S2 (Allready Tried Answer from thePathfinder discussion)
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Adamsocb,

Thank you for the details. I know it’s vital to get your Verizon Cloud to work like normal again. I depend on my Verizon Cloud app too. I feel confident we will get this fixed. May I ask, are you having any issues logging into you’re My Verizon account? Any software updates available?

JuanD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Not able to log into Verizon Cloud on Galaxy Tab S2 (Allready Tried Answer from thePathfinder discussion)
adamsocb
Enthusiast - Level 2

No problem logging into My Verizon Mobile on the tablet or My Verizon on the PC. It shows Verizon Cloud with 25GB @ $2.99 per month assigned to the tablet's correct number.

No updates are pending in Google Play "My apps & games-all"

Cloud version is in my first post: 14.3.38

0 Likes
adamsocb
Enthusiast - Level 2

I also checked for System updates in settings and it returns "Your SAMSUNG SM T817V is up to date. No update is necessary at this time."

0 Likes
Riss00
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the EXACT SAME ISSUE.

I'm a new customer, activated a phone and Galaxy Tab S2 tablet. All shows up fine in my account. Both devices showing they have cloud service.

I was on the phone with Verizon for over an hour and they created a ticket. Someone called back, I talked to her for about 20 min, she didn't really know what to do so we agreed I would do a reset, which as I suspected didn't fix it at all.

When I try signing into the cloud app with my Verizon account, from the tablet, it tells me the number has changed. I am assuming it is saying that because the main line is my cell number and it is seeing and thinking I am trying to access that cloud from another number?

Device and account is brand new so number has changed.

As suggested by Verizon, I tried to create a separate account to sign in with for the tablet, (knew that wouldn't work), and it says I can't because the number is registered to an account already. The rep wanted me to try forgot password, and then it asks me for a pin, which nothing I uses works, or to send a text with the pin to the tablet number which I never receive, and doesn't give me the option to select e-mail or another number to send the message to.

I am stuck in a loop. I was reluctant to do the reset because I knew it wouldn't work but did anyway and that didn't fix it either. This a very annoying issue. Verizon rep said that I can't connect the tablet to the same cloud as the phone and that I must use a separate account but doesn't allow me to do that. Everything in my accounts show up perfectly for both devices so why can't I access the cloud? I would prefer to connect to the same cloud, but I would be happy with any cloud at this point.

All updates done, cleared cache, checked all account settings, reset device--- still not working. OH and they wanted me to uninstall and reinstall the app, but because it was a stock app, it won't allow me to uninstall it, just disable. Lastly, 4g service works fine and have absolutely no other issues with the tablet or service.

Verizon are you working on this issue? At this point, I would say this has to be something on your/account end.

0 Likes
adamsocb1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I got a little further than that. I do have a seperate VZW loggin account for the tablet and a seperate cloud. The *611 rep told me each device has to have it's own cloud and they helped me set up the account. Everything I have posted here is after I got the tablet number specific cloud set up.

It appears none of the FAQ or troubleshooting data bases used by VZW Customer Support have this issue so they can't help. I suspect it will take someone in a high tier development or tech group to identify and correct the problem.

At this point I wish VZW would just acknoeledge the Verizon Cloud app does not work with this hardware/software combination so I can move on.

I sent an email to the Verizon Cloud App developer email address. No reply yet.

0 Likes
adamsocb1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just got a response from Verizon Cloud. They suggesting logging into the Cloud with the tablet's phone number instead of the user ID and it worked!

Riss00 try that and see if it works. I suspect it won't until you get a device specific cloud set up, but give it a try and let me know...

0 Likes
Riss00
Enthusiast - Level 2

I haven't been able to log into the cloud with the tablet number.

Did you have to setup an account?

When I try, it won't let me.

0 Likes
adamsocb1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes,

I tried using the tablet phone number early on and it did not work then. When I tried to set up a new account using the tablet phone number I could not, because the automated process requires the system send a text with a verification code to the device phone number which is not possible on a tablet [text messages can only be directly sent to actual cell phones, not tablets]. I know of two ways to get the account set up:

1) [this is what I did] If you have an unactivated VZW phone you can get VZW *611 or a VZW store to temporarily assign your tablet's phone number to that device's SIM card. You then set up a new account ID with that phone, going through the text code verification, then have the store or *611 transfer the number back to the tablet.

2) Request a verification passcode from VZW and wait for it in the mail, then set up the cloud account for the tablet.

0 Likes