Purchased a Tablet through Verizon
JAYSET50

I purchased a tablet through Verizon & they said I needed a phone # to be able to get WiFi. Not true. Verizon charged me $20/mo for the phone # but they never activated the #. In the end I paid $480 to have the right to buy a tablet that only cost $380. This was not disclosed up front other wise I would have paid cash for the Tablet. 

Make sure you understand your charges up front.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Purchased a Tablet through Verizon
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for reaching out to us about this via this platform, JAYSET50. I can assure you this is not how we do business. I want to help with this in any way possible. I can tell you that in order for the tablet to work on cellular it does have to be activated on a line of service. Please respond to this private note, so I can assist you better. -Dia

0 Likes
Re: Purchased a Tablet through Verizon
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@JAYSET50 wrote:

I purchased a tablet through Verizon & they said I needed a phone # to be able to get WiFi. Not true. Verizon charged me $20/mo for the phone # but they never activated the #. In the end I paid $480 to have the right to buy a tablet that only cost $380. This was not disclosed up front other wise I would have paid cash for the Tablet. 

Make sure you understand your charges up front.

You needed the phone line to access the 4G LTE cellular network. If you were only going to use the tablet on your home Wi-Fi, then you shouldn't have purchased a tablet capable of accessing the cellular network. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes