Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 Unable to scan QR Code for Messages Plus
SaulS1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Spent 3 hours on the phone with Verizon support 4 weeks ago and was assured the problem would be fixed.  Still is not fixed and unable to receive SMS texts on my WiFi tablet.  Verizon will not allow Samsung messaging application to sync with the phone so forced to used Message Plus. 

The A7 is a new tablet.  If Verzion is forcing the use of Message Plus then it should be well supported.

Very Frustrated Verizon Customer

Labels (1)
Re: Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 Unable to scan QR Code for Messages Plus
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SaulS1, I apologize for the difficulties you are continuing to have with your tablet. We want to ensure we find a resolution for you. What exactly happens when you try to send/receive a text message? What messaging app are you using? 

0 Likes
jhanka1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Many users are experiencing this issue. I get the feeling that Verizon is trying to ignore the issue. I was on another message group that was closed today. Moderator said "Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic."  Yeah right.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's important for your tablet to work properly. We'd like to see what's going on. Let's get to the bottom of this. Please send us a Private Note, so we can go into this in greater detail.

0 Likes
jhanka1
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's pretty simple get a Samsung A7 tablet and try scanning your Message+ QR code and you will discover your Message+ QR Reader doesn't work. That is the part of your app you need to fix. So send out a fix for Android.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would love to further assist you with this issue! We will be sending you a Private Note, so we can continue. 

0 Likes
bv_barge
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same problem. Would Verizon technical support please open a case with me to resolve this issue?

0 Likes
jhanka1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Have not received any private email.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@jhanka1 wrote:

Have not received any private email.

A Private Note/Message in this Forum will NOT come in an email.  You might get an email alerting you have a Private Note, but you have to log in to the Forum, access your Profile and Select Messaging to see any Private Messages.  If you have none then the agent did not send one or something went wrong with their process.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
bv_barge
Enthusiast - Level 2

I contacted the Verizon Message Plus app contact (as provided in google play) and provided details of my Galaxy Tab A7 model SM-T500.  The Message Plus app team provided an updated app that will read the QR code.  I uninstalled the current Message Plus app on my tablet and installed using this link provided by Verizon Message Plus app team:  "https://client.vzmlab.com/vzmand/instabug/VZMessages-7.1.1-15-user-release-signed.apk"

0 Likes