Samsung "Call & text on other devices"
MKANET2
Enthusiast - Level 1

Why doesn't this feature work?  Samsung offers a great feature that should work, but doesn't, at least on my Verizon Samsung tablet.  My friend who has the same tablet as I do, Samsung Tab.S6, can use this feature; and depends on it all the time.  The only difference is he has T-mobile.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung "Call & text on other devices"
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are sorry that the feature you want to use on your tablet is not working for you, MKANET2. We do offer a way to text on tablets if you also have a compatible phone that you are using our Message+ app. Here is a link to help give you more information about that service and app https://www.verizon.com/support/how-to-use-verizon-messages-android/#set-up

-Steven

0 Likes
MKANET2
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for replying.  Messages (Message+) doesn't support making phone calls with my phone number.  It looks like you can only send SMS text messages; which I can already do with Google Messages and Samsung Messages.

It's better just allow Samsung phones to do "Call & text on other devices" instead of forcing us to use inferior Verizon apps.

0 Likes
Barbara3373
Enthusiast - Level 1

It doesn't work because Verizon doesn't want it to work. But they claim it is because, somehow, they can't make it work on their technology. Apparently they are, according to Verizon, not very good at phone technology. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi, Barbara! What kind of device are you trying to send/receive text messages from?  

*Ana

0 Likes
JWSTEWART428

I'd like to know why this is as well. Yes I can use your Message + app..... Until I put my tablet into dex mode where it isn't supported

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

If you need assistance, please send a Private Note.

*Carla

0 Likes